We’re seeking autistic musicians, who are looking to supplement their income.
Examples of autistic musicians we are looking for: paid professional musicians (currently working or pre-covid), music educators (public or private teaching), music therapists, musician activists.
The person hired for this position would be an independent contractor for The Musical Autist (TMA). You would serve on the working committee for the new Elevating Autistic Musicians (EAM) program.
The pay is $300 per month and is fully funded from February through August 2021. We are currently working to secure grant funding, sponsorships and revenue opportunities for this program to be sustainable and ongoing.
Content Writers would be responsible for providing website, social media, and newsletter content. This content will be centered around interviews or highlight articles about autistic musicians, as well as highlighting their own work as an autistic musician. Some content will also include promoting The Musical Autist programs: Troupe, Empowerment Jam Sessions, Sensory Friendly Concerts, and continuing education for music therapists and music educators.
Specific job requirements:
- Content Writing
- 1 blog post per week (4 total per month)
- 4 social media posts per week (16 per month)
- Access to Creator Studio – posts to both Facebook and Instagram
- 1 email newsletter per month
- Mailchimp platform – highlighting content that has already been created
- EAM committee meetings, attend at least one per month.
Approved budget: $75 per week ($300 per month)
Projected time commitment: Average 4 hours per week @$18.75
This job is right for you if:
- You enjoy writing and feel confident in your writing abilities.
- You have experience with social media and feel confident using Facebook and Instagram.
- You have experience using Canva, WordPress and Mailchimp, OR willing to learn these platforms.
- You’d like to work remotely with other autistic musicians.
- You’d like to work remotely with people in The Musical Autist nonprofit organization.
If you’d like more information or would like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share Your Comments & Feedback: