As we all know, the coronavirus has been difficult because everyone has to stay home. Today, I’m suggesting 5 ways that you can take care of yourself during the coronavirus outbreak!
- Exercise – Exercise is important, especially during this time, since we are staying at home right now. It is important that we keep our bodies moving and stay active! Exercise builds up our immune system and makes us less tired.
- Stress Reduction – With coronavirus going around, everyone is trying to not lay off their entire company. That is very stressful for people trying to keep their jobs. Things that can help you reduce stress are exercise, listening to calming music, listening to relaxation sounds, using calming essentials oils, and doing things you enjoy.
- Stock Up (on essentials only!) – Make sure you go to the grocery store only when necessary so that you have plenty of food to eat during this trying time. This should include healthy snacks and beverages. Also make sure you have all the essential supplies you need for your house.
- Rest Well – Make sure all screens are turned off after dark and that you get at least 8 hours of sleep at night. Have a consistent nighttime routine before going to bed. Resting well is important because it restores your body and reduces the risk of illness.
- Stay Connected – This is a very important one. Stay connected with family, friends, faith community, and The Musical Autist community through virtual platforms such as Zoom, livestream, phone calls and FaceTime. Social interaction is especially important during this time because we want to support one another, and we don’t want to be completely isolated. While it is important we maintain social distancing as advised by the CDC, we can still communicate through technology.
I hope that everyone stays healthy and safe during this difficult time!